Charles Rothermel is the founding member of Rothermel Law Firm, PLC. He is dedicated to serving victims that have been injured or killed by the carelessness of others. He concentrates his practice in the areas of personal injury, wrongful death, nursing home litigation, admiralty/maritime, social security disability, workers’ compensation, and other select civil litigation claims.
Over more than 10 years, Charley has accrued advanced medical knowledge relevant to personal injury and disability cases, which he uses to provide exceptional advocacy for his injured clients. Charles also serves as outside general counsel to a select group of businesses, overseeing high-stakes commercial litigation, negotiating contracts, handling transactional matters, and advising on a wide range of business-oriented legal issues.
Charles develops a custom litigation strategy for each client, drawing on the insight and experience he gained earlier in his career while defending cases on behalf of large domestic and London market insurance companies. He understands no two situations are identical, and he works closely with his clients to achieve their goals and maximize recovery.
Outside of work, his favorite hobby is spending time with his family, especially his daughter, who proudly paves her own path through life as a uniquely brilliant Asperger’s kiddo. They enjoy traveling, hiking, and camping. He sings with the Unitarian Universalists Congregation of Fairfax choir and is known to make other cameo performances throughout the year. Charley is also a student pilot and treasures every opportunity he gets to explore our world from above.
- Tulane University, Bachelors of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre (2003)
- Tulane University Law School, J.D. with certificate of concentration in Maritime Law (2011)
- Honors: Order of the Barristers
- Licensed in Virginia, Louisiana and Washington, DC (including select federal courts)
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Law Practice Management Section (Co-Chair, 2016-2019)
- Regularly serves as CLE faculty member
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association
- Fairfax Law Foundation, Fellow